Hello Paul,

On Tue, Oct 03 2017, Paul Wise wrote:

> I propose to do it by placing both versions of the document into the
> same directory and then setting the DocumentIndex Apache configuration
> option to prefer the single page document over the multi-page one.

You mean

- installing the policy.html/ dir as https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/;
- copying policy-1.html into that dir; and
- telling Apache to serve policy-1.html as the directory index?

I'm a little worried people could be very confused (why is
debian-policy/index.html different from debian-policy/?!  is there some
cache refresh needed somewhere?) but I don't object.

> The only problem with this is #877573 but that also affects offline
> readers of Debian Policy anyway so it needs to be fixed anyway.

I'm about to upload a fix for that, though, following your advice, the
<link> tags will point to policy.html/, so they would break again if
policy-1.html were copied within that directory.  Given #

--
Sean Whitton