control: tags -1 wishlist
thanks

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 10:44:26AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> for a few years now, the Debian archive wants to see source-only
> uploads. This is not documented in the Developer's Reference and also
> now in the New Maintainer's Guide. It should be there.

I agree & thanks for filing this bug report. Downgrading to wishlist,
as devref is not *wrong*, just missing information.

Not tagging 'help' because then I could tag all devref bugs with it.
(maybe I should??)

Help *is* much welcome, either via a patch or directly commiting
to the master branch in git, which anyone in the Debian group on
salsa can do.

(and for those who havent noticed: devref is now developed in plain
markdown, so no more xml...)

> Also, it should be documented that the first upload of a new package to
> debian MUST be a source+binary upload. Arch all packages need another
> source-only upload after being accepted into the archive to be allowed
> to migrate to testing. I THINK that arch any packages get an automatic
> binNMU to avoid that.

I *believe* the latter is due to release team people being nice and proactive,
so it's not fully automatic.

--
cheers,
        Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

The past is over.