Holger Levsen <hol...@layer-acht.org> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 09:29:36PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I'm fine with this change, but as Sam points out, the deeper point here
>> is that Policy doesn't apply to udebs.  This is the whole point of
>> udebs.

> When you say it like this, it sounds to strong to me, if it were written in
> -policy.

> .udebs are allowed to break some rules, but not all. it's not ok to put
> Microsoft Word in an udeb in main. there are many other rules .debs need to
> comply to.

Yeah, apologies, this is just shorthand for "udebs are allowed to ignore
the technical bits of Policy that don't work for them."  Not that they can
do absolutely anything they want.  :)

>>     udebs (stripped-down binary packages used by the Debian Installer) do
>>     not comply with all of the requirements discussed here. See the Debian
>>     Installer internals manual for more information about them.
>
> this sounds good to me.

Okay, great, thanks.  I'll try to put together a proposed patch soon.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>