On Tue, 13 Jun 2023, Russ Allbery wrote:

>namely if you're running anything
>in a chroot that needs directories created in /tmp and /run, the chroot
>either needs to have a persistent /tmp and /run or you have to arrange for
>it to run at least some init scripts during boot.

I very much disagree here. Both /tmp and /run are volatile, and for /tmp
there usually even are cronjobs that delete old files, so programs that
need anything in there must create it themselves at startup (via wrapper
scripts if needed) if absent.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!