Hi Luca,

Luca Boccassi <bl...@debian.org> writes:

>> On Sun, 2023-06-25 at 18:51 +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:
>> > Patch attached and pushed to
>> > https://salsa.debian.org/bluca/policy/-/commits/mandatory_units?ref_type=hea
>>
>> There is one part I think should not be changed: we currently don't
>> require integration with service management at all. That should
>> probably not be changed.  So please consider reverting
>>
>> +---
>> | Packages that include system services must include ``systemd`` service
>> +---
>>
>> to the original
>>
>> +---
>> | Packages that include system services should include ``systemd`` service
>> +---
>
> How about:
>
> -Packages that include system services should include ``systemd`` service
> -units to start or stop those services.
> +Packages shipping system services should integrate with service management.
> +If they choose to do so, they must include ``systemd`` service units to start
> +or stop those services.

I take care of packages that does not meet the proposed policy. And I
don't have a systemd test environment.  I am curious what is the
recommended way to go forward.

- upload a generator-converted .service without any test;
- set low-NMU to encourage interested party to upload a .service;
- leave the lack-of-systemd-service bug open until some one submit a
  patch or a merge request;
- you name it.

Cheers,
Benda