On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 10:32:24AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > IMO the default molrc should look for the rom in
> > > /usr/local/lib/mol/something
> >
> > Is that Debian compliant? I'd expect the rom to be in /etc/mol/.
>
> i don't know what policy really says about such things, i don't think
> it belongs in /etc/ since the rom is not a config file, they are also
> rather large and i prefer to keep large crap like that out of /

My first guess was /var, but since it is some sort of configuration setting, I
think it belongs in /etc. The idea is that you can backup your configuration by
backing up /etc. Hmmm... this stil doesn't backup yout list of installed
packages.

I guess /var is OK as well. Apache looks (or at least used to look for) the
webpages in /var/www.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds