I think you hit the nail on the head here, Leandro.

I just feel I need to add that my earlier comments about mainframes
may have only confused the matter more, because IBM itself seems to
have mixed up many previously unambiguous naming conventions in
recent years. Of the 8-way system I referred to, the aspects that
make it _resemble_ a mainframe are its high availability, scalability
and last but certainly not least the extreme service level IBM sells
with it. The availability of compatible workstations after seven to
eight years only underlines the third aspect even more, as does the
high price you pay for that workstation.

   Jeroen