Hi Sven, hi all,

First of all, sorry for mixing discussions about buildd relocation and
usability buildds with the "ppc64" string in their uname for building
the powerpc port in the future. I have now separated the threads
accordingly. Good luck to Voltaire in his trip.

Le Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:45:59AM +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 06:34:31PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > But I have another concern. In my experience, some debian source
> > packages do not build on G5 running the Debian powerpc port because
> > their ./configure scripts get confused by the "ppc64" string in the
> > uname output. Depending on how widespread this problem is, this has two
> > consequences:
>
> My opinion, is that such packages are buggy, and the problem should be
> fixed, probably at the build infrastructure level, with some smart
> substitution, if it has not been fixed already. I have not yet seen any
> such problem, and ubuntu use powerpc64 hardware as their powerpc
> buildds.

I have just looked at the buildd information of Ubuntu, and it seems
that they use only G3/G4 machines:

https://launchpad.net/+builds/royal
https://launchpad.net/+builds/adare
https://launchpad.net/+builds/ross

Or am I just confused and they meant that they build *for* G3/G4 ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org