Hi Michel, Hi All

I'll try to make it as short as possible::

*** 1:

mplayer-g4 is replaced by mplayer. Please remember I got the errors
with an mplayer-g4 on the TitaniumIV

*** 2:

config flags to compile a working mplayer have changed, too. build-deps
probably too. This is relevant for the mplayer I had on the Powerbook5,8

*** 3:

So installing mplayer/mencoder (and so uninstalling its *-g4
variations) on the TiBook helped getting rid of the errors.

*** 4:

And on the Powerbook5,8 this seems to have worked to get around the errors:

-------------------------------

# apt-get build-dep mplayer
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  liba52-0.7.4-dev libdts-dev
  liba52-0.7.4 libdca-dev libdca0
3 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1043 not upgraded.

---------------------------------
The non-working mplayer had its build-dep done against an mplayer-g4,
if I read my .bash_history correctly ...

Compiling mplayer with these flags helped:

time DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--cc=gcc-4.3 --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer
--datadir=/usr/share/mplayer --enable-joystick --disable-tremor-internal
--enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --disable-openal
--disable-faad-internal --disable-liba52-internal --language=all
--enable-largefiles --enable-menu --disable-libdvdcss-internal --enable-radio
--enable-radio-capture --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=XvMCW --enable-gui
--disable-win32dll --realcodecsdir=/usr/local/lib/codecs --disable-altivec"
fakeroot debian/rules binary

The non-working mplayer before was compiled differently, for example:

Look for

--disable-openal
--disable-faad-internal
--disable-liba52-internal
--disable-altivec

in both compiles.

Here are the compile options that seem to have broken mplayer as described:

time DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--cc=gcc-4.3 --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer
--datadir=/usr/share/mplayer --enable-xmga --enable-mga --enable-joystick
--disable-tremor-internal --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb
--language=all --enable-largefiles --enable-menu --disable-libdvdcss-internal
--enable-radio --enable-radio-capture --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=XvMCW
--enable-gui --disable-win32dll --realcodecsdir=/usr/local/lib/codecs
--enable-altivec" fakeroot debian/rules binary

Thanks to Christian Marillat: I had a look to the compile flags he,
IINM, used ('mplayer -v <some-movie>'), and adapted them a little to
my needs.

And they worked.

Thanks Christian Marillat, if you read this ... :)

Thanks Michel, too: You helped me going until I had that issue fixed :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
http://heelsbroke.wordpress.com