Dear Debian-for-PPC developers and users

I am using an old 2003 G3 ibook with debian wheezy (3.2.0-4-powerpc #1
Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u3 ppc GNU/Linux), initially installed as linux mint.
It had all been working fine until yesterday when the resume-from-suspend
stopped working. I have performed an upgrade to the current version of all
installed packages. I have been using lxde and xfce4 on the system.

There was one "anomaly" when waking up from suspend since Debian had been
installed. When closing the lid, the computer would go to suspend. When
re-opening, it would wake up for a few seconds, then go back to suspend
without user interaction. Pressing a keyboard key would then wake it up
again, and it would function fine.

Now, since the upgrade (did not note the versions I had been using before)
the system goes to suspend. When re-opening, it does power up the screen
backlight, and the caps lock key as well as num lock key LEDs work,
however, nothing else starts up, and there is no network connection either.
Thus, it is impossible to see what exactly fails. All the remains is to
turn off the power and to reboot.

I wonder if there has been any change to packages that could explain this
behavior. I have found several old posts about older Debian versions with
similar "symptoms" and have tried to exchange pbbuttonsd for pmud. It all
remains the same. No waking up from suspend anymore.

Does anyone have an ibook / powerbook G3 with the current Debian wheezy
running and suspend still works? Which packages are installed? I would be
grateful for a list. Are there any customizations needed? I do not recall
that I had to adapt any file after the installation for suspend/resume to
work. Unfortunately, now, when trying to find the problem, I have added and
removed quite some packages and the whole thing seems to boil down do the
kernel rather than the ppbuttonsd etc. level.

Has anyone else with an ibook / pb G3 experience the same problem recently?

Any idea is appreciated

Best

Juergen