Hi Adrian,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
I don't think this error message is related to your CPU but rather to your
WiFi chipset. I would try installing the legacy version of the driver.

I will be able to test this myself in around a month after I have moved
into my new apartment. I will have enough space there to set up allBCM4306
my retro computers, including one iBook G4. Although, I don't know what
kind of wireless chipset mine has. I have two iBook G4 though, so maybe
we're lucky one of them has the right chipset.

If you can wait until then, I will be able to help.

at the end it was an issue of kernel modules while trying to test legacy and non-legacy version.

The guide is correct. For the Revision 03 of BCM4306 the normal version of firmware-b43-installer is enough and works fine for me after a reboot!

Very good. I will test it now in more complex wireless environments like at work, but the iBook being vintage is now mostly relegated at home for testing and PPC development.

thanks for the help,

Riccardo

PS: it would of course help other users of this card to have b43-fwcutte readily available in current apt sources.