Hello!

On 6/17/20 8:15 AM, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
> I tried several times to build a custom kernel in Debian sid. Each time I get
> segmentation
> faults or other errors and automatic building in pbuilder also does not work.

If you are seeing segmentation faults during a normal kernel compile, you most
likely
have bad memory or other hardware problems. Segmentation faults should never
happen
during a normal kernel build, even if you mess up the documentation.

> Can someone please give me a link to documentation that will lead to success?

> https://wiki.debian.org/BuildADebianKernelPackage

> All I want is a ppc64 kernel with 4K PAGES to test nouveau on my iMac G5 with
> nVidia card.

I haven't had the time to work on the PowerPC stuff lately and since there is
no one willing
to help with the port at the moment, things are taking longer.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaub...@debian.org