On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, at 2:35 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello Rick!
>
> On 6/19/20 10:59 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > So my second question is: How do I get it to proceed automatically in spite
> > of the expired key?
>
> You can set this option in your APT configuration:
>
> Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false
>
> which will disable the check for expired signatures.
>
> Adrian

Thanks Adrian!

I tried this to see if I could get a one-time over-ride:

> root@grey:~# apt-get -o 'Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false' update

> Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie InRelease

> Get:1 http://archive.debian.org jessie Release.gpg [2420 B]

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie Release

> Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie Release

> Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie/main powerpc Packages/DiffIndex

> Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie/non-free powerpc Packages/DiffIndex

> Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie/contrib powerpc Packages/DiffIndex

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/contrib Translation-en

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/main Translation-en

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/non-free Translation-en

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/main powerpc Packages

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/non-free powerpc Packages

> Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie/contrib powerpc Packages

> Fetched 2420 B in 12s (197 B/s)

> Reading package lists... Done

> W: GPG error: http://archive.debian.org jessie Release: The following
> signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1587841717

> root@grey:~#

Unfortunately, as you can see, I still get the warning.

I have a vague recollection of seeing something somewhere (I know -- I'm sorry
I can't be more specific) that the version of apt in Jessie doesn't respond to
"Check-Valid-Until". Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I wonder if it is possible to get the Release file re-signed with an up-to-date
key?

Thanks!
Rick