Hello!

On 3/28/22 00:14, Dennis Clarke wrote:

I just the normal process of booting the netinst DVD image and used
the default NOT-expert menu option. I see the usual message :

        Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda3
     Executing 'grub-install /dev/sda3' failed.

     This is a fatal error.

I used netcat to fetch the syslog and partman files from /var/log
and attach them here.

Looks like the HFS boot partition was never formatted :

Did you actually verify that by checking whether there was an HFS filesystem
created and mounted to /target/boot/grub after the partitioning step?

I can only guess that the partition step worked :

    https://i.imgur.com/izFmDCe.png

However this is exactly what I saw the first time I tried.

Dennis