Hello Adrian; thank you for your report.

On Sun 20 Aug 2017 at 15:20:15 +0200, Adrian Immanuel Kiess wrote:

> Package: hplip
> Version: 3.17.7+repack0-3
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
>    * What led up to the situation?
>      I assume updating HPLIP and or CUPS
>    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>      ineffective)?
>      Updating the system on regular schedule
>    * What was the outcome of this action?
>      The HP LaserJet M452dn won't print colors correctly anymore
>    * What outcome did you expect instead?
>      Printer working correctly as before
>
> currently under Debian/testing my HP LaserJet M452dn color printer won't print
> colors correctly anymore.
>
> Afer adjusting the density "contrast" to "5" in the web console for all colors
> and black, black and white printing works correctly again.
>
> But I found no solution for color printing.
>
> Attached to this bug report I added a sample printout of a color print - there
> you will see that colors are printed uncorrectly.
>
> In addition to that, attached I have a demo page printout from my M452dn.
>
> The third image is a screenshot of HPLIP GUI software, showing the version
> number used.
>
> I like to note to have acceptable printout in black and white I have to set
> the
> "Photo Neutral Greys" to black switching this from 4-color default setting.

We note that the problem also occurs when a print queue is set up with
CUPS; using localhost:631, we suppose. Can you remember whether you
used hp://... or usb://... as the connection (the device URI)? Did
you originally use hp-setup to set up the printer?

hplip is presently at version 3.17.10+repack0-1 and cups-filters and
cups have new versions too. Please would you update your system and
report on the printing output.

Regards,

Brian.