I have released cups-filters 1.20.4 now, with the following changes:
- README: Added link to Issue Tracker on GitHub.
- gstoraster: Removed unneeded "if"s. Thanks to Laurent
Martelli (martellilaurent at gmail dot com) for the patch
(Ghostscript bug #692705).
- cups-browsed: When checking whether there is already a local
print queue with the same URI as the one of the discovered
printer, consider also as equal URI if the URIs only differ
by use of IPP or IPPS and/or use of HTTPS port 443 instead
of IPP port 631.
- cups-browsed: Also upgrade from ipp: to ipps: when the ipps:
URI is on HTTPS port 443 instead of IPP port 631. This is
common on IPP network printers.
- pdftopdf: Removed support for hardware-implemented reversing
of page order in PostScript printers. It was once not
correctly implemented in cups-filters and second, such
printers are extremely rare, and on Gutenprint PPDs with
pseudo OutputOrder option hardware reversing was even
wrongly assumed (Issue #47).
- pdftopdf: Accept option "output-order=normal/reverse" for
reversing page order (Issue #47) and also "page-delivery=
same-order/reverse-order" (CUPS Issue #5340).
- libcupsfilters: Let the PPD generator add "*PageStackOrder
..." lines to the choices of the "OutputBin" option, to
mark which output bins need the pages printed in reverse
order (Issue #47).
- libcupsfilters: Let the PPD generator correctly create a
"*DefaultOutputOrder: ..." entry, depending on whether the
paper is put out face-up or face-down in the default output
bin (Issue #47).
- libcupsfilters: Fixed human-readable name of the OutputBin
option in the PPD generator.
- pdftoopvp: Silence compiler warning (Issue #42).
- cups-browsed: If the user modifies/overwrites a print queue
created by cups-browsed, it will now not only be
automatically released from the control of cups-browsed, but
we also create a replacement for our generated local queue
under a new name.
- cups-browsed: Make URIS for using the implicitclass backend
correctly working also with queue names containing an '@'
- braille: Strengthen error checking (Pull request #41).
- braille: Index: Replace bogus characters with space (Pull
- braille: Add print and braille page number options (Pull
- braille: Index: Use standard duplex cups option (Pull
- cups-browsed: Moved auto-generation of PPD file for IPP
network printers from create_remote_printer_entry()
function to update_cups_queues(). This allows re-creating
accidentally removed or overwritten local queues without
losing the PPD file.
- braille: Add option to pick hyphenation rule according to
current locale and make it the default for second
translation table. Thanks to Samuel Thibault for this patch
(Pull request #38 and #39).
- braille: Remove generated defs on "make clean". Thanks to
Samuel Thibault for this patch (Pull request #38).
- braille: Turn non-breakable spaces to spaces. Thanks to
Samuel Thibault for this patch (Pull request #38 and #39).
- braille: Fix character encoding when extracting text. When
extracing text from a zip file or a pdf, the resulting text
is always utf-8 independently of the original locale, so we
need to force that. Thanks to Samuel Thibault for this patch
(Pull request #38).
- braille: Warn when no text translation was selected in case
the user didn't notice. Thanks to Samuel Thibault for this
patch (Pull request #37).
- braille: Fix spurious spacing after last Form-Feed (Pull
Several fixes in cups-browsed to correctly auto-recover accidentally
deleted queues, replace externally overwritten queues under a new name,
and upgrade to IPPS on network printers also when they provide IPPS on a
the HTTPS port 443. Fixes in the PPD generator and pdftopdf filter to
handle the page output order correctly on face-up and face-down output
trays. Many fixes and improvements on Braille support and many smaller
Please release this on Debian so that it syncs into Ubuntu.
Thanks in advance.