I have an ENVY4500 with

 pdl=application/vnd.hp-PCL,image/jpeg,application/PCLm,image/urf

In the Firefox print dialog I see "print" as the printer destination and
its status as "Rejecting jobs". When selected, that changes to "Getting
printer information", the mouse ponter has a spinner attached to it and
the Print button is greyed out. cups-browsed is not running.

Up to now I thought the rejection was due to the ENVY4500 not accepting
PDF, which is what would be sent by Firefox. The conjecture was not
based on any experience with a PDF printer - I do not have one- and I am
now (for various reasons) dissatisfied with my explanation.

Basically: can one print from Firefox to an IPP printer (called print)
which accepts PDF? Or does the GTK print dialog only cater for queues?

Regards,

Brian.