Le vendredi 14 août 2020 à 01:10:02+0200, Ángel a écrit :
> On 2020-08-13 at 16:43 +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > > gpg has a `--ask-cert-expire` flag and a `--default-cert-expire`
> > > option in that effect.  Expired certification signatures will be
> > > ignored when building the Web of Trust.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> >
> > This could work, but we'd have to handle the case when developers
> > forget to set a signature as time-limited/don't follow this thread and
> > never care to set it up.
> >
> > I'd rather avoid relying on signatures, than making the meaning of
> > signature quite less tangible.
>

> I don't see your point. We have a general standard or what to require
> for signing, and this thread started asking about weaking them due to
> the pandemic.
>
> Limiting the time the signature is valid is a time-limited way to do
> that. And it is a cryptographic one, which is a very nice feature.
> I would like to have some common notation so that the standard used
> could be tracked, too.
>
> If a developer is going to forget how to do a "weak value" signature, he
> should probably stick to the standards he has generally used, but
> anyway, if someone wanted to do a limited-time signature but forgot the
> parameter, he should do exactly the same as if he signed Eve key while
> intending to sing Alice's: revoke the wrong signature and create a new
> one.

I fully agree on the principle, but there is a big hiatus between what
some do with their GPG key and what others do.

Without being judgmental, I think this spectre of ways to do things has
to be taken into account before giving any project-wide directives
regarding identity certification.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2