Hi Paul

Thank you for the response... have attempted the dummy partition method
previously and the system would reach the listing of connected devices and
basically hang there forever. Found a work around however it involves
shuffling around the partition order... not ideal!

What I am attempting to do is create three partitions, the first would be
the "boot", the second would be the "root" and the third would be an "EPD"
( External Persistent Device  ) to store data on that I would like to share
between different distributions allowing me to swap out without the fear of
data loss.

--
Thank you
Kind Regards