Matthias Klose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [Currently I am unable to read new incoming mails ... I'll respond
> later to other messages]
>
> Just uploaded a new python1.5 NMU which fixes three bugs I introduced.

Fine.

I would have loved to see sys.path reordered the way I proposed in the
list, however.

> Jérôme Marant writes:
> >   What should python modules packagers do now?
> >   Should we stop providing support for python2 and provide
> >   python2.1 versions of our modules now?
>
> - should we ship with the 2.0 packages?

We should not support 2.0 any more, IMHO.

> - for now the safest thing would be separate 2.1 packages, which are
>   built independently from 2.0. So if we decide that 2.0 should not be
>   shipped with woody, then we can simply remove them.

Quoted from Gregor:

"
Python package maintainers should then change their packages to build
python1.5-* and python2.1-* packages (python2.0 if needed), and make
them depend on python1.5-base etc. That would remove the need for
versioned dependencies.
"

What is the exact policy?

Should all executable scripts begin with #!/usr/bin/env python1.5 (for 1.5)
and #!/usr/bin/env python2.1 (for 2.1)?

Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>