On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Paul Wise wrote:
> You are welcome to take over maintainership of it, or co-maintain it
> with me, perhaps buxy can add you to the python-modules SVN.

Given than Ian is the upstream author of the module, he is of course
welcome in the team if he so wishes. Ian, just give me your alioth login
if you are interested.

> > I have packaged versions for python2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4, and I've
> > made them available in an apt repository on excess.org.
>
> I think a better option would be to use python-support to make a single
> deb that supports all python versions. I intend to do that once urwid
> enters debian. More info here:

I suggest on the contrary to do that before it enters Debian so that the
ftpmaster do not create packages that will disappear shortly after and so
that you don't have an upgrade path to handle.

I did that for kid. And I mailed ftpmasters to tell them that they could
reject the previous upload if that helped them (but my second upload was a new
upstream version).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog