Le mardi 04 juillet 2006 à 09:25 +0200, Vincent Danjean a écrit :
> What would be the interest for an application to be present (compiled)
> several times on the same system ?

This is the whole point of the new policy. It allows for several python
versions to be installed at once.

> By the way, I prepared an update to the new python policy for my 3
> python packages. You can look at them here :
> http://dept-info.labri.fr/~danjean/deb.html#commit-tool

This one doesn't look good. You are explicitly hardcoding python2.3
which is exactly the wrong thing to do if you want smooth upgrades.

Also, you have left some autogenerated files as postinst and prerm.

> http://dept-info.labri.fr/~danjean/deb.html#mercurial

I don't understand why you are hardcoding python2.4 in the scripts. Do
they not work with python2.3 ?

You are also making complicated things like hand-made symbolic links in
the python-support directories while dh_pysupport should handle them
automatically.
: :' :           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
`. `'                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]