Context for debian-python: we're deprecating dh_python on Joey's request
and thus move the logic of substvars generation into
dh_pycentral/dh_pysupport. debhelper/python-central/python-support will
be jointly uploaded in 2 days (the packages are in DELAYED/2-days right now)
to make that happen.

We need to make sure that we didn't break anything by doing so.

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ok, done in a new version of debhelper I've uploaded to the 3-day
> delayed queue. Only 3 days left to sort everything out..

I prepared an updated of python-central which integrates the dh_python
code into dh_pycentral. It's here:
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/packages/python-central.patch
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/packages/python-central_0.5.6.dsc
Doko has more changes for python-central, he will merge my changes
and upload the final package into DELAYED/2-day.

Now it's time to test the combination. Someone should install
the three packages:
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/packages/python-central_0.5.6_all.deb
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/packages/debhelper_5.0.39_all.deb
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/packages/python-support_0.5.3_all.deb
(I had to use dpkg --force-conflicts -i *.deb, giving dpkg -iGROEB *.deb didn't
work)

And then recompile many python packages using
python-support/python-central and watch out differences (in the generated
dependencies in particular).

Some help is welcome. My first tests with dh_pycentral are good but I only
checked 2 packages.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog