(Bernd, please preserve attribution lines so we know who wrote what
quoted material.)

Bernd Zeimetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Thanks for this response. Unfortunately I've looked at 'webcheck',
> > and it doesn't teach me how to use Python's distutils to achieve
> > this (since, as you note, it doesn't use either of them).
>
> Instead of looking at packages you should read the distutils
> documentation.

I've read the distutils documentation; it's not very helpful. I've
also read the setuptools documentation, which is even less helpful
since it assumes a thorough knowledge of distutils.

I've also read the Debian Python policy, which doesn't mesh that well
with either the distutils or setuptools understanding that I've
gained.

Presumably it *is* possible to take Python packages that use
setuptools, and package them such that they conform with both Python
practice and Debian Python policy. Is that incorrect?

What packages in Debian can people recommend that use setuptools
properly, and are packaged in accordance with the latest Debian Python
policy?

Or is it simply the case that no packages meet that description?

--
 \     "No wonder I'm all confused; one of my parents was a woman, the |
  `\                          other was a man."  -- Ashleigh Brilliant |