Hi dato :)

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 18:17, Adeodato Simó <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Sandro Tosi [Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:07:11 +0100]:
>
>> Hi all,
>> following up what once POX suggested on irc, I'd like to switch from
>> wsvn to viewsvn (compare the difference yourself at [1] and [2]) for
>> Vcs-Browser field.
>
>> I already checked-out the whole packages/ dir from both svn repos (so
>> that the changes thru all the repo can be done in a single commit
>> instead of polluting with commit for each package) and I got the
>> script I used to uniform Vcs-* fields I can modify to do this
>> conversion (so basically I'm volunteering :) ).
>
>> If no-one will complain, let's say, in a couple of days, I'll run the script.
>
> I'm not a member of the team, but I'd like to say one thing: please note
> that both interfaces suck in their own ways: ViewSvn makes easier to
> navigate through the tree, and feels generally prettier [to me], but it
> doesn't seem to have a view where history of the repository is shown:
> how do you find out the latest changes to the package? wsvn gets that
> right, presenting that as the first thing (which is usually what you're
> interested in, anyway). Relatedly to this, ViewSvn does not support
> (AFAIK/CS) "give me the diff for revision 123".

Well, maybe you won't have the complete diff between 2 revisions, but
you can have a pretty nice one for one file, for example[3]

[3]
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/matplotlib/trunk/debian/changelog?rev=6818&view=log

where you can select a particular revision, and diff any other
revision from that selected (or from the previous).

What I want from a browser interface is to let me navigate on the
files tree easily (and wsvn is not strong in this :) while viewsvn is)
and let me do some basic operations: to exploit the full power of svn
I'd use the cli.

Thanks for the critics :)