[Piotr Ożarowski, 2008-12-23 13:37]
> unfortunately I use Git only outside Debian, so I don't know about
> issues git-buildpackage might have. I know it doesn't have
> mergeWithUpstream but it's written in Python, so we can implement this.
> The problem is (FWIK) that it's better to use Git with upstream sources
> (with tools like pristine-tar)... anyway, I vote for Git, but I'm open
> to alternative suggestions.

update: I vote for status quo (svn, svn-buildpackage, mergeWithUpstream)
for now - at least until all top contributors will have decent internet
connection or we'll work out some kind of remote upstream branches
schema so that one could choose what to download (and a script to
download all repositories (packages) within the team)