Dear Debian Python,

I was trying to get some of the low hanging fruit in the list of bugs
which need to be attacked for the Python 2.6 transition. I ran into
some trouble, so was wondering if you could help me out.

Some packages, such as python-gnuplot, depend on python-numpy. Since
the python-numpy builds are not available for python2.6, do I have to
rebuild python-numpy myself, with python2.6, and include it in the
chroot where I test out stuff? Or can I be lazy and just wait for the
python2.6 upload to unstable, and get the other bugs made RC and then
use an updated (possibly binNMUed?) python-numpy to fix further bugs?

If my assessment is incorrect, please do point out what I have
misunderstood. Otherwise, please advise me on a suitable approach.

Thanks!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah