Hi,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:05:56AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> If there is a valid, technical reason, please let us know, but as of
> now I can't see any.

Loads of RC bugfixes (partly on obsolete versions) waiting to enter testing
which would more blocked that it already is with the mips* buildd backlog.

> So, let's just change the default to 2.6, kindly ask Lucas to do an
> archive-wide rebuild (I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to support us,
> but not certan, hey we still have to ask him ;) ), and deal with the
> fallback.

For months. At which time we'll still have the completely obsolete OOo 3.1.1
(or whatever else example you find) in squeeze. No.

> Keep waiting and waiting is pointless, and does only harm for the
> target to support a stable release (there are very few people actively

That's true, though. But python's not alone in the world and if you did
it far earlier....

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  r...@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70