On Friday, August 13, 2010 04:58:37 pm Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 22:47, Scott Kitterman <deb...@kitterman.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, August 13, 2010 11:10:04 am Scott Kitterman wrote:
> >> http://paste.debian.net/83034/ captures what I think are the essential
> >> policy changes for Squeeze from our discussion about the future of
> >> XS-Python-Version and Python 3.
>
> I don't think there was all that consensus over X-P-V: could you point
> to msgids? Also in relation to XB-P-V that's still mentioned (at least
> in the diff on that paste.d.n it's still mentioned), that will
> generate a naming difference (and yes, XB-P-V should be dropped, now).

My understanding of the rough consensus was that XB-P-V should be allowed to
naturally fade away and that we would not push a transition.  Even if we
wanted to push a transition, it won't happen for Squeeze, so the policy change
can wait.

I agree there was rough consensus to drop XB-P-V and I will gladly do that in
the first post-Squeeze Python policy upload.  IMO the essential thing for
Squeeze was getting X-P-V and X3-P-V supported.  Since we are trying to get
approval to go into Squeeze during the freeze, I didn't want to take on more.

The last time we discussed this started in Resent-Message-ID:
<3ighbuystun.a.sxc.zw6...@liszt>.  It didn't generate a lot of discussion and
I think the only realy push back was from you and you seemed (as I read it) to
think this was good, but want more too.  More will have to wait for Squeeze
+1.  I had hoped to have more time to work on this in July, but it didn't work
out.

> > Thank you to those that took a look.  We're going ahead now.
>
> waiting only 5 hours in august/summer/holiday time is quite a bit
> short (it's even less than deborphan screw up!). but oh well...

I didn't do this as a formal last call and wait a few days because I don't
want to give the freeze any more chance to solidify than I really have to and
I don't expect this to be controversial.  If there are real problems in this,
I'm open to addressing them.

Scott K