On 11/08/2010 09:53 PM, Paul Elliott wrote:
> Sorry if this is a faq, but are there any hellow world
> debian sample packages that could be used as a starting point?

I'm not aware of any. [0], however, appears to provide the relevant code
sections for packaging modules

[0]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Python#The%20debhelper%20way

Having recently looked at packaging a Java library for the first time, I
found the sample packages[1] provided by the Java team immensely helpful
in getting started:

[1] http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/examples/

It would be nice if we could provide a similar service for Python, too.
I added it to my own TODO list, but I fear that I won't get around to it
anytime soon...

Christian