OoO En  cette fin  de matinée  radieuse du mardi  22 février  2011, vers
11:51, Andrey Rahmatullin <w...@wrar.name> disait :

> Many Python modules ship unit tests which do not require module
> instalation or user interaction and so can be run automatically during the
> build time. They can be a very good QA tool, but it looks like they are
> not used in all packages.

> python-pylons: not used
> python-pybabel: not used
> pylint: used, but produce errors which are ignored
> python-sphinx: apparently used

> In many cases $PYTHON setup.py test (for all supported $PYTHON's) is
> enough to run the tests and any errors mean that something is wrong with
> the environment (provided the tests are correct).

I  wasn't aware  of the  existence of  a test  target. I  usually  use a
special tailored script  to run tests. See [1]. I  switched to this kind
of script because the use  of PYTHONPATH could be misleading. I remember
that despite  the use of  PYTHONPATH, some packages were  tested against
the installed  version. I  don't have this  problem anymore since  I now
compile everything in a pbuilder but I kept the small script approach.

[1]
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/cerealizer/trunk/debian/runtests.py?view=markup

--
BOFH excuse #353: