moreover, while talking about tags, in GIT some symbols we use for
debian versioning (e.g. ~ and :) are not allowed in tags, so they get
replaced (with '%' and '.' for above with git-buildpackage).  That is
the only kind of cons I see  in switching to GIT.

>    lost the comfort of manipulate/move/... all the source package with a
>    simple "commit/mv/checkout/...".

mr was already brought to the attention

> #. I (and I suppose many others) have enough experience with
> svn-buildpackage but less with other buildpackage tools based on other
> CVMs.
git-buildpackage is very similar and actually inspired iirc by
svn-buildpackage AND IT IS WRITTEN IN PYTHON!!! ;-)