* Mathieu Malaterre <ma...@debian.org>, 2012-04-12, 12:32:
Since every single python module suffer from this, I thought there would be something very simple.
No, most of Python extension modules don't suffer from it.

I am not pointing finger at anyone, but this issue is present in other package.

$ find /usr/lib/pyshared/python2.6/ -name \*.so -exec readelf -d {} \;
| grep SONAME | wc
    73     365    5333

After all this is a great that it was added to PTS :)

The latest lintian4python (0+20120412) will emit a pedantic tag for such packages.

BTW, does anybody know how to stop libtool from adding SONAME? I would expect that "-module -avoid-version" does that, but it's not the case.

Or, alternatively: is there a way to remove SONAME from an existing library?

--
Jakub Wilk