On 22 December 2012 23:27, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2012, at 05:19 PM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>
>>Yeah, please don't use virtualenv, as much as I'd like to see a good way
>>of using virtualenv in Debian.
>
> Can you expand on that?  It should be usable to develop code, but do you mean
> something else?

The way I interpreted Paul's comment is that it implies "don't use
virtualenv inside the .deb package as to be distributed by Debian"
e.g. system-wide python packages should not be using virtualenv
environment out of the box on Debian, as that opens a can of worms.
(virtualenv does nothing to help to what a coherent distribution tries
to achieve).

I do agree with you that one should not "break" vritualenv on purpose
for those people who wish to use it.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.