On 02/12/2013 11:13 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> On 12 February 2013 15:08, Dmitry Shachnev <mity...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Thomas Goirand <z...@debian.org> wrote:
>>> So I wonder, how is the python module packaging policy? Since this
>>> module is marked as team maintained, and that I've been accepted in the
>>> python module packaging team on Alioth, am I allowed to just refresh the
>>> package, and upload version 1.0 in debian experimental? Or do I need
>>> approval from current uploaders?
>>>
>>> What does it mean for a package to be team maintained in the python
>>> packaging team?
>>
>> If the team is in Maintainer field, I think you can freely upload the
>> new version. See
>> <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin#Policy_About_Maintainer_and_Uploaders_Fields>
>> for details.
>
> But please join the team and update the svn repository, or
> alternatively ask somebody from the team to commit your upload.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitrijs.

Hi,

Thanks for both of your replies.

I've joined the team on Alioth already.

The only problem is that I quite hate SVN (mostly because I never learn
it). Don't you guys have plans to switch to git at some point? I've seed
that in /git/python-modules/packages there's already 3 packages. Is it
fine to switch to Git?

There's a bunch of python modules which I maintain for Openstack. I'd
happily move them in the /git/python-modules/packages repository. :)

Cheers,

Thomas