* Geoffrey Thomas <geo...@ldpreload.com>, 2013-05-24, 17:41:
I'd like to join the Debian Python teams. I have two packages I'd like to package for Debian at the moment -- python-github (ITP #709682) and tratihubis (ITP not filed yet). I'm a DM and have slowly been having more time for Debian-ish stuff, so I expect that there will probably be more packages that I'd like to see in Debian as time passes.

I've just submitted a request to join the Alioth DPMT group.

Welcome to DPMT!

I already asked on IRC, but if folks here have comments on my draft packaging for pygithub (with a python- and python3- split based on ScottK's python-ipaddr packaging), I'd definitely appreciate them:
 https://ldpreload.com/p/pygithub_1.14.2-1.dsc

I don't intend to sponsor this package, but here's my review:

Upstream provides documentation. It might be a good idea to build and ship it.

Lintian says:
I: pygithub source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
P: python-github: no-upstream-changelog
P: python-github: no-homepage-field
P: python3-github: no-upstream-changelog
P: python3-github: no-homepage-field

I would drop the Provides fields:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2011/03/msg00139.html

Re override_dh_auto_install: -O0 is no-op when used together with --no-compile. But then, I wouldn't use --no-compile, as is thwarts possibility of spotting byte-compilation errors early.

Do tests require Internet connectivity? If no, then it would be good to run them at build time.

Typos in upstream code:
explicitely -> explicitly
instanciate -> instantiate

The code uses assert to validate types of method arguments. That's not what assert is for.

Does pygithub validate SSL certificates?

--
Jakub Wilk