On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:

> It builds the python-rarfile package, which provides an RAR archive
> reader module for Python. More informations can be obtained from the
> following URLs:

I don't intend to sponsor this but here are some comments:

It looks like upstream is using the unrar command-line utility. The
unrar that supports recent RAR files is non-free and the FLOSS version
of that only supports old RAR files. Please ask upstream to switch to
the unar (no this is not a typo) command-line utility instead, which
is both FLOSS and supports recent RAR files. I would say this package
should not enter Debian without that, otherwise it will encourage
users to use non-free software.

None of the comments in debian/rules are needed.

You have chosen a different license for debian/* than what the
upstream code uses. I suggest using the same license as upstream.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise