On Wed, 22 Jul 2015, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

> [Yaroslav Halchenko, 2015-07-21]
> > As I have mentioned some tools might not be smart about empty values
> > in http_proxy, try e.g. git-annex under such settings

> ah, sorry, I only quickly scanned you email.

> I already followed Dimitri's suggestion to add no_proxy=localhost and
> will add your PYBUILD_FAKE_PROXY later today

awesome!  feel free to tune the name to whatever you feel more appropriate.
Just an additional piece of support to allow simply disabling automatic
assignment of fake proxies and that no_proxy doesn't work for some
libs/packages: Daniel Stender tried export no_proxy=localhost on pytest-tornado
without success.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org