❦  6 août 2015 22:15 +0200, Lennart Weller <lenn...@lennartweller.de> :

>> I believe that we are still using SVN but maybe the switch to git will
>> be done during the next Debconf.
>>
>> Personnaly, I don't really care if a package is team-maintained or
>> not. It is better if it is and it will allow you to find another sponsor
>> in case your regular sponsor is unresponsive. So, please apply to DPMT
>> for python-prompt-toolkit. Do you already have an Alioth login? If not,
>> please create one.
>
> I found a lot of automatic SVN imports on the git side of Alioth so I
> assumed the whole project is preparing a move so I went with what I knew
> best and used gbp and git-pbuilder. I have an Alioth login and I use it
> for my other packages. But I do need to apply to DPMT.

It is quite possible that everything will be deleted and reimported
again. I didn't follow all the discussions. We can also do a first
upload outside the team and then migrate in the team once things are
settled.

>>> [6] https://git.ring0.de/debian/python-prompt-toolkit
>>
>>  - d/changelog: remove the "source package automatically created by
>>    stdeb"
>>  - d/control: use python-prompt-toolkit as a source package name, as it
>>    would avoid any future collision (and it is also the name for the
>>    GitHub repository)
>>  - d/control: add the appropriate Vcs-* (which will be updated later,
>>    just to not forget them)
>>  - d/control: short description should not start with a capital
>>  - d/rules: remove the comment about automatic generation
>
> I fixed those. I didn't add Vcs yet as I hadn't uploaded it to Alioth. I
> just set them to my git hosting for now and will change them when the
> upload is done. Same with the Maintainer field.
>
> The clone URL was at the top hidden behind the cloud download icon.

OK, the interface was too similar to GitHub but not enough on this
point. ;-)

Everything looks good except the LICENSE.txt which is not here. It is in
fact called LICENSE upstream and it should be added to the manifest to
be present in the tarball. A note to upstream would be nice. Add a
comment to debian/copyright pointing to the appropriate URL to find the
license. As it is present in debian/copyright, you don't have to add a
special patch or anything like that.
--
The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that
procession but carrying a banner.