On Fri, Sep 18, 2015, at 11:56 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> here is a new way to package modules for Python:
> https://github.com/takluyver/flit
>
> It means that something packaged using it doesn't use a setup.py or some
> such, but a flit.ini ; see for example:
> https://github.com/jupyter/testpath
>
> I'm not sure how to package something like this (and testpath is a
> depends for IPython's tests), so I think asking here is better.

By the way, I am also upstream for flit, and I'm prepared to help build
some tooling to use it for distro packaging. I know it will cause some
inconvenience in the short term because there's infrastructure around
setup.py packaging, but ultimately I think that having declarative
metadata should be an advantage.

Thomas