On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 at 09:55 Barry Warsaw <ba...@debian.org> wrote:

> Probably so.  I have a checkout of python-django here and it seems to
> already
> be in git.  I haven't looked at the converted svn->git repo yet, but I'm
> wondering if what was converted was just old and out of date?  I'm pretty
> sure
> it was in git to manage the 1.8 transition.  The debian/sid branch has
> 1.7.9-1
> at its top while debian/experimental has UNRELEASED 1.8.3-2.
>
> That's probably necessary given the complexity of python-django, but since
> it
> deviates from GitPackaging, there should be a debian/README.source to
> explain
> to other team members how the repo is supposed to be used.

What branches do I need to put the debian/README.source file in? There are
six debian/* branches, don't think it is a good idea to try and maintain a
consistent debian/README.source in all branches.

Maybe debian/experimental would be sufficient? Or perhaps
debian/experimental + debian/sid?

In fact, putting in a branch seems wrong, it isn't specific to any one
branch, not sure where a better place would be though.