Onur Aslan <o...@onur.im> writes:

> I can't use --buildsystem=pybuild to install python wrappers, this
> package is not providing a configure script or Makefile. pybuild is
> not invoking autoreconf to generate a configure script.

Can you add a target to ‘debian/rules’ that will invoke ‘autoreconf’, as
a pre-requisite for the ‘override_dh_build’ target?

> Piotr suggested me to make a loop to install python3.4 and python3.5
> versions of package.

I don't use a loop, but rather a pattern-matching target and a Makefile
substitution variable to generate targets for all the supported Python
versions. It amounts to the same result, but is not “a loop”.

> But is it really necessary?

In the absence of Pybuild, yes I've found that explicitly making
separate targets for each supported Python version is necessary. This is
one of the main benefits of migrating to Pybuild.

> I am wondering what is proper way to install python modules in this
> package?

My suggestion: work hard to get the package to provide what Pybuild
needs, and let Pybuild do its job from there.

--
 \          “Our products just aren't engineered for security.” —Brian |
  `\             Valentine, senior vice-president of Microsoft Windows |