Nikolaus Rath <nikol...@rath.org> writes:

> Would it make sense to do a no-change rebuild for all Python packages
> that use setuptool's entry point functionality?

Not that I even pretent to understand what this bug is about. Why are
tests even using these wrappers? They aren't intended to be imported.

However this isn't automatically going to fix all packages. There are
some packages (e.g. python-django-common provides django-admin) that
replace the wrapper with a Debian specific copy of the file that can
automatically choose the Python2.7 or Python3 interpreter as required.

This particular example is not a good one, django-admin looks like it is
already fine. celery does something similar, and it looks fine to. So
rebuilding these packages won't do anything, because they are already
OK.

My point being however that just rebuilding the package is not a
guarantee that this problem will be solved.
--
Brian May <b...@debian.org>