I've been working on an update to pytest 2.8.5, but I'm stuck and I'm hoping
someone here can help.  The DPMT git repo is up-to-date with my latest work if
you'd like to check the branches out and try to debug the builds.

I've made some significant changes to the packaging by switching it to
pybuild.  That's not the problem though. ;)  The problem is that I can't get
the test suite to run cleanly during package build.  I'm seeing two failures
in testing/test_genscript.py which causes the build to fail (or, if I ignore
that, prevents pybuild from running the test for Python 3.4 and 3.5).

I've tried running the tests via tox and directly invoking the tox.ini
command, as you'll see in the current d/rules file.  I'm at a loss, but then
pytest's output has always boggled me.  FWIW, when I run tox in the upstream
repo from the 2.8.5 tag, it works just fine.  There's something about the
build environment that's breaking the test suite, but I can't figure it out.

Note too that pytest does not seem to clean up properly after itself, thus the
mktemp in d/rules.  That at least makes it a little easier to clean up the /tmp
directories after an unsucessful sbuild.

I also added a DEP-8 test but haven't been able to get that working either.

Please, if you want to see pytest 2.8.5 in Debian, give it a look.  All help
and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
-Barry