Stefano Rivera <stefa...@debian.org> writes:

> I think we're all kind of waiting for PyPy 3, so that we don't have to
> bring up an entire stack of packages (that few people are going to
> use).

That's one thing I'm waiting for.

Another thing is that many upstream packages don't bother declaring
support for PyPy (heck, too many packages don't bother declaring what
Python they support at all). I'm reluctant to assert that upstream's
code supports PyPy if upstream doesn't assert that.

> Otherwise, I'm not convinced that a large pypy stack in Debian is
> really useful right now. Practically, I expect most pypy users to be
> virtualenv-heavy.

That is something Debian can play an important role in counteracting, I
believe. (Provided we can actually support the packages, of course.)

--
 \       “The great thing about science is we can test our ideas.… But |
  `\   until we do, until we have data, it is just one more proposal.” |