On Tuesday, June 14 2016, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:55:15 AM Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm a user of the python-texttable package on Debian, and I noticed that
>> it seems abandoned.  The first and only upload happened in 2013, and
>> even though there is a new upstream version available the package did
>> not get updated.  Its git repository on Alioth has received some
>> attention recently, when Ondřej Nový migrated the code from SVN and did
>> some adjustments, but the package has not been uploaded.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm writing this e-mail because I'm interested in the package
>> and I would like to maintain it if its current maintainer (or Ondřej)
>> has no interest in continuing his work.  I have submitted a bug against
>> the package (#826156) and Cc'ed the maintainer to know if he's still
>> interested.  I am Cc'ing Ondřej on this message.  I don't know how long
>> you usually wait before considering a package to be orphaned, so that's
>> another reason I'm writing.
>>
>> I have worked on an update for the package which can be seen here:
>>
>>   <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=debian/python-texttable.git;a=summary>
>>
>> Anyway, that's it.  I have read the DPMT policy and I agree with it; my
>> username on Alioth is sergiodj-guest and I am DM.
>
> Welcome to the team.  Both the git migration and Ondřej recent changes were
> general operations done on all team packages and not an indication of any
> particular interest.  Particularly since Debian Python Modules Team is set as
> maintainer, you should feel free to work on the package.

Thanks, Scott.

> If you are interested in keeping the package up to date, please add yourself
> to Uploaders and then get to work.  Please make sure you use git-dpm on any
> DPMT repositories.

Cool, I'll add myself as an Uploader then.  I will still need a sponsor
for the first upload, however.  I've been working closely with
Gianfranco Costamagna, but if there's anybody here who'd like to sponsor
me then that's fine as well.

BTW, I consider the work I posted on my git repo (link above) to be
basically finished (I'll just need to adjust the Uploaders part), so if
someone is feeling like reviewing it I'd appreciate.  I used git-dpm and
follower the DPMT policy.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36