On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Barry Warsaw <ba...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2016, at 02:46 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>>I'm sure i'm not the only member using gmail, which bounces spam
>>emails and that what causes this problem.
>
> Are you sure about that?  Bouncing spam has been bad practice for a very long
> time.

i indeed used a wrong term (in email-world bounce has a specific
meaning): gmail rejects spam emails (according to its filters) during
the smtp session with the other MTA, so it's not a bounce, but the
sender (alioth in this case) cant deliver the email, and that's what
triggers the suspended membership process.

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/