Le 11/02/16 à 23:51, Barry Warsaw a écrit :
> On Nov 02, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
>> This has  already been discussed  but all  the packages in  pkg-zope SVN
>> repository will have to be  moved to python-{modules, apps} repositories
>> (because there  is almost no activity  on pkg-zope and most  modules are
>> used independently  of Zope anyway)  and we should use  debian-python ML
>> for the  same reason,  so yes,  please use  debian-python ML  and commit
>> everything to python-{modules, apps} repositories.
>
> +1.  I do still touch some of the ztk packages and would dearly love to ditch
> svn, but just haven't had the time to think about a proper migration.  Should
> we just admit defeat and do on-demand conversions, preserving history if
> possible but not worrying about it too much?
>
> And then what about just using gbp and ignoring git-dpm?  The latter still
> kind of works but we know it's a dead-end.  Anybody looked at dgit?  Is that
> a useful option?

I'm used to gbp. I don't know git-dpm (or I forgot after seeing I would not
like?)

Not sure if all python-modules repositories are like persistent, but for me,
mixing Debian work with imported tarballs in the same branch is terrible. When
possible, I prefer to fork the upstream repository, otherwise no upstream
source at all.

Actually, I already use git-svn+gbp locally for zodb (I have a debian symlink
between the upstream and debian repos; that even works with patches), so it's
not urgent to convert for me.

Julien