On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 11:24:36AM +0000, Christopher Hoskin wrote:
> I'd like to package python-jsonpointer for Debian. The filer of the RFP (Bug
> #754296) Pietro Battiston, has created a repository at
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/python-jsonpointer.git
>
> but has no intention of becoming the maintainer, and the package has not been
> uploaded. The existing repository does not use git-dpm or pristine-tar.
>
> I'd like to maintain this package within DPMT. Is there a way I can migrate
> the existing repository, or should I just start again?

Once you switched the RFP to ITP, and own it,

1) add a pristine-tar branch (just create branch without parents, and
   run `pristine-tar commit` (+ appropriate args))
2) convert to git-dpm (it should be something with `git-dpm init…` iirc)
3) push that repository you now got to DPMT
4) remove the old repository from collab-mainnt

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :