On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 00:40 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> Launching spyder3 gives the following error
>
> You have missing dependencies!
> rope >=0.9.4: None (NOK)
> Please install them to avoid this message.
>
> I see a python-rope package but no analogous python3-rope. Any idea
> how to fix this?

The python3-rope package was made available in experimental, since a
Python 3 compatible version of Rope did not land in Debian in time
before the freeze.

A new version of Spyder was also uploaded to experimental (3.1.4),
which adds the Python 3 rope dependency. Despite the warning message,
the absence of rope is harmless. The Spyder IDE works perfectly fine
without.

Cheers,
Ghis